Dr. K. G. Bhat, retired Professor of Botany, is actively involved in Post-doctoral research work. He is heading the Doctoral Research Centre in Taxonomy. Through this centre, under the guidance of Dr. Bhat, Dr. T. Shridhara Bairy, a professor at SDM College of Ayurveda, submitted his Ph.D. thesis 'Ethno Medico Botanical Survey of Kadoor and Nadoor villages and a Study on Leucas Biflora' and was awarded Ph.D. degree. He is one among the two who were awarded Ph.D. through this centre. Dr. N. A. Madhyastha, retired Principal and Professor of Zoology, is working on Moluscan Taxonomic Studies, which is funded by the Ministry of Forests and Environment, Govt. of India. Under the guidance of Dr. B. Jagadeesh Shetty, Head of the Department of History, two scholars were awarded M.Phil. degree; two more are pursuing Ph.D. through Rashtrakavi Govinda Pai Samshodhana Kendra, Udupi. Under the guidance of Dr. A. P. Bhat, Head of the Department of Physics, four scholars were awarded M.Phil. degree; five more are doing M.Phil. under his guidance. A scholar is doing M.Phil. under the guidance of Dr. Madhavi S. Bhandary, Head of the Department of Hindi.
In association with the Department of Archaeology, Museums and Heritage, Bangalore, the College has formed a district level Heritage Club, for which Dr. B. Jagadeesh Shetty and Prof. Muralidhara Upadhya are the Conveners.
In January 2004, a team of interested teachers., students and old students of Poornaprajna institutions gathered together to understand and appreciate Astronomy and Astrophysics, and established Poornaprajna Amatuer Astronomers' Club (PAAC). It was inaugurated by H. H. Sri Sri Sri Vibhudesha Theertha Swamiji. The objectives of the Club are as follows:
- 1.To promote the basic study of Astronomy and Astrophysics.
- 2.To conduct sky-watch programmes.
- 3.To gather latest information from the national level institutions like IUCAA, BAAA and IIA etc.
- 4.To promote and support the establishment of Astronomy Clubs in different institutions.
- 5.To promote interest among the public in general and students of Poornaprajna institutions in particular towards Astronomy and Astrophysics, and thus to develop scientific temperament and love for nature.
The students community of Poornaprajna College has always been in the forefront of cultural, literary and fine arts activities. The following student associations guided by staff advisors have been responsible for their eminence in such activities..
- 1.Speaker's Club
- 2.Science Association
- 3. Info Vision - The Poornaprajna Information Technology Club.
- 4.Social Sciences Association
- 5.Commerce and Management Association
- 6.Languages Association
- 7.Fine Arts Association
- 8.Ladies Forum
- 9.'Vidyarthi Vedike'